Habitat for Humanity- LaSalle, Bureau &Putnam Counties is a faith based non-profit organization with the mission of eliminating poverty housing. We plan to achieve this mission by providing decent, affordable housing for low-income families by bringing together the necessary volunteers, experienced help, suppliers, city and government agencies, and families to form partnerships in an atmosphere of God's love for all people.
The organization is based on Christian principles and is open to everyone regardless of faith, including the Board of Directors, partner families and volunteers.
A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Our Mission Statement
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
About Habitat for Humanity LBPC
Habitat for Humanity LBPC is part of a global, nonprofit housing organization operated on Christian principles that seeks to put God’s love into action by building homes, communities and hope. Habitat for Humanity LBPC is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing locally and worldwide through constructing, rehabilitating and preserving homes; by advocating for fair and just housing policies; and by providing training and access to resources to help families improve their shelter conditions. Habitat for Humanity was founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a simple, durable place to live in dignity and safety, and that decent shelter in decent communities should be a matter of conscience and action for all.
All are welcome
Habitat for Humanity LBPC has an open-door policy: All who believe that everyone needs a decent, affordable place to live are welcome to help with the work, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, political views or any of the other distinctions that too often divide people. In short, Habitat welcomes volunteers and supporters from all backgrounds and also serves people in need of decent housing regardless of race or religion. As a matter of policy, Habitat for Humanity International and its affiliated organizations do not proselytize. This means that Habitat will not offer assistance on the expressed or implied condition that people must either adhere to or convert to a particular faith, or listen and respond to messaging designed to induce conversion to a particular faith.
About Habitat for Humanity International
Founded in Americus, Georgia, USA, in 1976, Habitat for Humanity today operates around the globe and has helped build, renovate and repair more than 600,000 decent, affordable houses sheltering more than 3 million people worldwide.
This is not a giveaway program. Selected local families who receive homes must partner with Habitat and:
- Contribute 250 hours per adult of sweat equity by participating in the actual construction of their own house and other Habitat projects
- Make a $750.00 down payment including closing costs
- Make a monthly mortgage payment, calculated based on the cost of the build and the ability to pay
- Share their story through the media
Habitat for Humanity- LaSalle, Bureau & Putnam Counties is an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI). Founded by Millard and Linda Fuller, HFHI and its affiliates - in more than 3,000 communities in 87 countries - have built and sold more than 600,000 homes since its inception nearly 40 years ago.
- Habitat has noticed the following results from its program:
- Families and neighborhoods take pride in themselves
- 35% of homeowners report an improvement in children's grades
- The school attendance and participation of homeowners' children improved
- 68% of homeowners reported an improvement in their family's finances
- Diverse groups come together to achieve common goals, thus unifying the community
- Individuals and groups experienced the joy of making a difference
- The community gains productive homeowners who pay taxes and support it
We look forward to partnering with you to create simple, decent, affordable housing for God’s people in need. Contact Us today.