If you have questions, you may email us a firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (815) 434-2041
Habitat for Humanity builds, renovates and repairs simple, decent and affordable housing with people who are living in inadequate housing and who are unable to secure adequate housing by conventional means.
Habitat is looking for families . . .
- with a need to improve housing
- with ability to pay a mortgage
- willing to partner with Habitat
- willing to make a long-term commitment
- with family stability
- with time and energy to be successful
- willing to help improve their housing situation and their community
- willing to build community with other Habitat homeowners
- willing to help themselves
Habitat for Humanity does not discriminate in the selection of families on the basis of race, creed, gender, disability, ethnic background or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Resident of LaSalle, Bureau or Putnam County
- US citizen or legal resident
- Willing to accept style, type and location of Habitat house
- Ability to pay
- substandard housing; many repairs needed
- unsafe structure
- high rent compared to income
- non-accessible to a family member
Ability to pay
- stable family income
- work record of at least two years
- income range based on family size
- monthly income covers expenses
- manageable debt
- two years past discharge of bankruptcy
- complete application process
- work 250 hours of "sweat equity" on yours or others' houses or at the HFH office
- attend educational meetings
- participate in budget counseling
- willing to build community with Habitat
How to apply
- Contact us Contact Us
- You must submit a completed application
- Return application to Habitat by due date
- Submit documents and references as requested
Social agencies, churches and individuals are encouraged to inquire for a potential applicant. Habitat will gladly answer questions, but a name is placed on the mailing list only when a potential applicant takes the initiative to call.
- Agencies should encourage families to attend meetings, even if they have not called first.
- Habitat welcomes and appreciates all efforts in "spreading the word" and helping in the search for new homeowners.